- The zester scrapes the top of oranges or other fruits to make small bits of rind for intense flavoring.
- The gouger can be used to make long strips of carrots or long peels of citrus, or to carve decorative shapes into vegetables or fruits.
- Great for inventing unusual presentations, and for quickly adding real food flavor to drinks and foods.
- The groove for cutting thicker strips or for decorating fruits or vegetables is on the opposite side from a right-handed version so that it cuts when the Decozest is pulled towards you with your left hand.
- Made in France of very tough plastic and knife quality stainless steel.
- 6" long.
The Deglon Company is family owned, now run by the third generation of the Deglons. Located in Thiers, in central France, a small town known for manufacturing cutlery for 600 years, the factory makes very specialized, highly prized kitchen knives and tools for chef's who want things to be perfect. Only the French would develop a fine cooking tool like this for left-handers. Made of extremely hard quenched steel, the blade will remain sharp for hundreds of uses.